If you paddle, you get it!
Cali Paddler is the joining of Outrigger Canoe, Surf-Ski, Stand-up Paddleboard, Prone Paddlers, Dragon Boaters and Kayakers in California. We are a community that paddles in lakes, rivers, harbors, bays and along our ocean's coastline.
In addition to offering epic shirts, hats, sweatshirts, jerseys and stickers, we work to unite our different paddling COMMUNITIES, help environmental CONSERVATION efforts (5% of all sales are donated to non-profits), and CONNECT all the various regions of our awesome state and the businesses who support what we love to do...paddle!
It doesn’t matter your experience level, your craft, or where you paddle. For Paddlers. By Paddlers. Cali Paddler!
News and Events
- Thank you to Qiana Wylie of the Marine Mammal Center for taking the time to speak with us at Cali paddler and educating us on this amazing organization and the great work they do. We are excited to partner with them as the newest recipient of Cali Paddler's 5% Paddle Pledge. As paddlers, we encounter marine life daily. I see plenty of sea lions and harbor seals while I'm out on the water. I have also seen my fair share of these animals tangled in plastic trash or fishing line. With the work of the Marine Mammal Center we can get these animals rescued, rehabilitated and back out in the wild. - Josh CP Director Non-Profit Relations
View more news >
- In a continued effort to shine a well-deserved light on the future of our paddle sports, and in anticipation of the upcoming high-caliber youth-only dragon boat race in San Francisco, we spoke with some of the top youth role-models in our sport. Enjoy being blown away by their candor and wisdom. And be reminded like we were, that paddling is not just a sport, but a parable for succeeding in life.
[ This coming weekend Annabel Anderson is having a workshop in San Diego at Aqua Adventures, and we wanted to get the scoop from her on what folks can expect, as well as ask her some questions about paddling and life. We invite you to get to know her a little better below with this interview by our ambassador Loraine Gruber. We are pretty sure once you do, you will want to join her this Saturday April 21st 8:30-11:30. ]
- A little while back Cali Paddler did a thorough race preview of what paddlers could expect with this race. But to be honest nothing is quite as exciting as getting to hear what it was like by one of our own. Who doesn't like to talk paddling after spending all day paddling (#ifyoupaddleyougetit). So one day after finishing this 41 mile journey, Micah Winslow shared his experiences with us. Take a few minutes to get the scoop and see if it is a good fit for you in 2019.
- This race addition is the biggest news to hit the SoCal Winter Series since...well, since the previous crossing race was cancelled several years ago after several years running.
News about the Toyota SoCal Wild Buffalo Relay presented by Puakea Designs hit the California paddling community with raised eye-brows and plenty of excitement. But with it came tons of questions about details, logistics and costs. Cali Paddler wanted to get the answers to as many questions as we could. We reached out to folks with what they wanted to know. So Hopefully anyone on the fence is able to get their questions answered below and can join in the fun. Thank you to Maddie Spoto from Puakea Designs for taking the time to answer everything we could throw her way!
- Want to know what the first impressions of the New Kahele OC1 by Puakea Designs were? So did we. We reached out to three paddlers who were able to take this new design out for a spin and find out how it compared to the previous Ehukai and Kahe Kai. Asked real questions, and got real answers from real paddlers.
View more paddle articles >